We are currently recruiting for a Associate Editor to join the Social Accounts team here at Bleacher Report. Working closely with the Managing Editor, you will be responsible for managing the day to day publishing across the social accounts.
Bleacher Report is the site of choice for the next generation of sport fans. Attracting millions of sport fans every month with its fun, comprehensive, and entertaining team-based content, B/R is one of the fastest-growing sport sites. Since being acquired by Turner in 2012, B/R has gained all the advantages of a large media company while maintaining its vibrant start-up culture. We work in a fast paced, 24-7 field in a laid back environment (those who do not want to work nights and weekends need not apply). You’ll also be in a role that allows you to work with multiple groups and networks.
- The Associate Editor for the Social Accounts will be responsible for working with the Managing Editor to manage the day-to-day publishing across social accounts.
- They will be tasked with managing the output of breaking football news and the live coverage of sporting events via curation and original Bleacher Report content.
- They will help coordinate day-to-day social programming for Bleacher Report, focused on highly visual and innovative content presentation.
- Work with Managing Editor on best content and formats for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- The successful candidate knows what people are consuming and sharing in a mobile-first, real-time world and how to create unique content experiences
- Proven working experience in social media or related field
- Excellent, writing, editing, presentation and communication skills
- Deep knowledge and passion for football, entertainment, popular culture
- Deep understanding of current and emerging social networks
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Bachelors Degree or Relevant Work Experience